Each week comes faster and faster which I am thrilled only for the fact that each Friday is new release day for music. And we have another week of some great releases. There are a handful I wanted to grab hold of and listen and they are highlighted in Blue below. Let me know what you are wanting to hear and what I may have missed as there is always something good that usually gets by me and I want everyone to know what is out there. Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you have a great weekend. We will see you next Friday for the next batch of releases.
- The Struts – Strange Days – (Interscope Records): The Struts are bringing us their 3rd studio album and this one has a few very special guests. Lead off single and title track, “Strange Days”, has Robbie Williams and then “I Hate How Much I Want You” has Joe Elliott and Phil Collen from Def Leppard. If that isn’t enough, “Wild Child” features Tom Morello and “Another Hit of Showmanship” has Albert Hammond, Jr. My only complaint is I haven’t seen where there is a vinyl available. Since I have the first two on vinyl, I would like this one as well.
- Tommy Lee – Andro – (Better Noise Music): Motley Crue drummer, Tommy Lee, brings us a new solo album and this one seems to be hip hop…well…okay. I will give it a listen, but don’t expect much from this at all.
- Tom Petty – Wildflowers & All the Rest – (Warner Bros): A deluxe version with all the songs from Wildflowers plus a slew of other tracks from the Wildflower sessions and some never before released. It didn’t matter because they had me at Tom Petty.
- Kingdom of Giants – Passenger – (Sharptone): I don’t really know this band, but I found the single posted below to be pretty great so I am going to try this one out.
And all the rest…
- The Eagles – Live From the Forum MMXVIII – (Rhino / Warner)
- Soul Asylum – Born Free E.P. – (Blue Elan Records)
- Matt Berninger – Serpentine Prison – (Concord Records)
- The Vamps – Cherry Blossoms – (EMI / Universal)
- The Damned – The Rockfield Files E.P. – (Spinefarm / Search and Destroy)
- Tanya Tucker – Live from the Troubadour – (Fantasy)