The last couple of weeks for me haven’t been big on releases. This week changes all that. There are so many I want to check out that it might take a whole week to get through them all. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Now before we go on, lets take a look at something in the list below. Frontiers Records has not 1 or 2 or even 5, they have at least 6 albums coming out this week (could be more, I only put in 6). That is one label releasing that many albums on one day. Kind of shocking. If I was an artist on that label, I would ask how the label can market that many releases at one time. Seems unfair to the releases. And a lot of the label’s albums are similar type of music. There is no way, the public can buy them all, especially in today’s environment. I am not sure I understand their strategy. Enough about that. What albums are you most eager to hear? Let me know what you want and what I may have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- The Pretty Reckless – Death by Rock And Roll – (Fearless Records): This hard rock band, fronted by Taylor Momsen, is back with another kick ass release. At least I hope it will be kick ass. Taylor has a great rock voice and I have been a fan of her vocals and band since they came out years ago. Can’t wait to dive in to this one.
- Durbin – The Beast Awakens – (Frontiers Records): James Durbin has returned after a short stint with Quiet Riot. Glad to see him on his own again. He has brought some heavy hitting friends along and this one is supposed to be balls to the wall heavy and should be right up his alley. Who’da think this boy from American Idol would still be hanging around this long. Good on him.
- Joel Hoekstra’s 13 – Running Games – (Frontiers Records): The former Night Ranger and current Whitesnake guitarist is back with his second album under the Joel Hoekstra 13 name and I am hoping for more great guitar playing and some great music with Russel Allen on vocals, Tony Frankin on bass and Carmine Appice on drums. Not bad, not bad at all.
- Jon Foreman – Departures – (Jon Foreman): The Switchfoot frontman is out on his own with another new album. I am not sure what to expect, but I am sure it won’t be like Switchfoot as what would be the point. Normally his music has a little more folky, beachy vibe and I would be happy with that, this one
And then some other ones that might be worth checking out...
- Black Sabbath – Vol. 4 (2021 Remaster Set) – (Warner Records): A Super Deluxe Edition…has there not been one before…oh well, I’ll take it since I didn’t get the last one. Always take more extras from Sabbath.
- Dio – Holy Diver Live – (Niji Entertainment / BMG Rights): We don’t get one, but we get 2 live album reissues from Dio…
- Dio – Evil or Divine: Live in New York City – (Niji Entertainment / BMG Rights): And here is the 2nd one…
- Tommy Bolin – Shake the Devil: The Lost Sessions – (Cleopatra): An album of lost tracks that have suddenly been found after how many years? Who cares, I will give it a listen. (Sorry no video.
And all the rest…
- Robin Thicke – On Earth, and in Heaven – (Lucky Music / Empire)
- 3.2 – Third Impression – (Frontiers Records)
- Inglorious – We Will Ride – (Frontiers Records): I had this video playing and now I want to hear the whole thing. This might be better than I originally was thinking.
- Kreek – Kreek – (Frontiers Records)
- Arc of Life – Arc of Life – (Frontiers Records)
- Sirenia – Riddles, Ruins & Revelations – (Napalm Records)
- Moat – Poison Stream – (School Kid Records)
- Pale Waves – Who Am I? – (Dirty Hit)
- The Band – Stage Fright (Deluxe Remix 2020)
- Florida Georgia Line – Life Rolls On – (BMLG Records)
- Pentatonix – The Luck Ones – (RCA / Sony)
- Karen Matheson – Still Time – (Compass Records)
- Sia – Music: Songs from and inspired by the Motion Picture – (Atlantic / WEA)
- Love and Death – Perfectly Preserved – (Blind Tiger Entertainment): Here is another one that I heard the video and now I want to check this one out as well. It is just heavy enough for me.
- R+R=Now – R+R=Now Live – (Blue Note)
- Django Django – Glowing in the Dark – (Because Music)