I have been wanting to see Hired Gun since it was announced as a documentary in the Summer of 2017. Thanks to Netflix, I finally got that chance. If you don’t know what it is, I will tell you.
‘Hired Gun’ is a documentary about those musicians singers and bands hire to be in the band whether to help make an album or to do a tour. They are the “hired guns” and they aren’t actual members of the band. For me, that sounded like a very interesting story to be told. What do these musicians/artists go through to get the gig and to actually keep that gig.
The people they interview are incredible musicians. You might not know them all by name, but you would probably recognize a lot their work. They are as follows:
- Liberty Devito (Billy Joel)
- Jason Hook (Five Finger Death Punch)
- Phil X (Bon Jovi)
- Eric Singer (Kiss)
- Ray Parker, Jr. (Ghostbusters)
- Justin Derrico (P!nk)
- Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne)
- Steve Lukather (Michael Jackson)
- Kenny Arnoff (John Mellencamp)
- Jason Newsted (Metallica)