Things are starting to pick up in the music world. Next, however, the full onslaught on new releases starts. This week, there are a few good ones I am wanting to try (highlighted in blue). I am not familiar with any of these bands, but what I have heard is intriguing and I think worth a listen.
- Aaron Keylock – Cut Against the Grain – (Mascot Label): First one on my list is Aaron Keylock. He is a blues guitarists and I don’t think I mention this, but he is only 18. This is his debut solo album and I think it is worth a listen. As the new face of rock, I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table.
- Starset – Vessels – (New Razor & Tie Enterprises): Next up is Starset. They are an electronic rock/hard rock band. The single “Monster” is really awesome so I figured they might be something great. This is their 2nd album which mean I missed the first. I will listen to this and if it is great, go back and spin their first album.
- As Lions – Selfish Age – (Better Noise Records): Completing my trifecta for this week will be As Lions. This British rock band has me a little curious for their debut album. Why do you ask? The lead singer is Bruce Dickinson’s son. If you don’t know, Bruce is the lead singer of Iron Maiden. Plus, I have heard the first single and it is pretty awesome. It is nothing like Iron Maiden so get that thought out of your mind.
- AFI – AFI (The Blood Album) – (Concord Music Group)
- Alex Care – Tail of Lions – (ETC Recordings)
- Various Artists – The 2017 Grammy Nominations – (Atlantic)
- The Grateful Dead – The Grateful Dead (50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) – (Grateful Dead Productions)
- Firewind – Immortals – (AFM Records)
- Bryan Lanning – Us – (Bryan Lanning)