The first Friday in May is upon us and there is not a ton of stuff out this week. There are a few artists I am interested in and a bunch I am not. Hopefully you can find something you will like. The ones I will listen to first are highlighted in Blue (as usual).
- Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1 – (Mercury Records): In only his 2nd release, Chris Stapleton seems like he has been around awhile…which he has but not as a solo artist. After the huge success of his debut album I am really interested in hearing what he now brings us. I actually hope it is more of the same as his first album was spectacular. If the first single is any indication of what is to come, then we are in for a treat.
- Blondie – Pollinator – (Noble ID, LLC): Debby Harry and group are back again with another new release. This is their 11th studio album and honestly i am surprised (and glad) that they are still putting out albums. There are still 3 original members including Debby so I guess that still makes a complete enough band to make them still worth hearing and not a Debby Harry solo album.
- Dishwalla – Juniper Road – (Dishwalla): I love Dishwalla…now let me change that a little. I love J.R. Richards who WAS the singer of Dishwalla. His vocals are incredible. Now the band is moving on without him and I am not sure if I am ready to move on without him. I will give it and Justin Fox a try, but I know it won’t be the same as his voice was the sound of the band. There is no video to post for this album…which is concerning. The single on Itunes is actually good, but it is not Dishwalla!!!
- The Sword – Greeting From…(Live) – (New Razor & Tie Enterprises)
- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds – Lovely Creatures: The Best of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (1984-2014) – (Mute Records)
- The Afghan Whigs – In Spades – (Sub Pop Records)
- Chris Robinson Brotherhood – Betty’s Self-Rising Southern Blends, Vol. 3 – (Silver Arrow Records)
- Taj Mahal & Keb’ Mo – TajMo – (TajMo)
- Robin Trower – Time and Emotion – (V-12 Records)
- Black Lips – Satan’s Graffiti or God’s Art – (Vice Music Publishing)
- Diana Krall – Turn Up the Quiet – (Verve)
- Mary Lambert – Bold – (Tender Heart Recordings)
- Patti LaBelle – Bel Hommage – (GPE Records)
- Grateful Dead – Cornell 5/8/77 (Live) – (Grateful Dead Productions)
- Colt Ford – Love Hope Faith – (Average Joe’s Entertainment)
- Motionless in White – Graveyard Shift – (Roadrunner Records): The award for creepiest cover goes to this metal band!!!
4 thoughts on “Friday New Releases – May 5th”
Afghan Whigs’ In Spades still hasn’t arrived and I’ve stayed clear of the streams, but that was my big release this month.
Also interested in the Chris Robinson Brotherhood (really dig their vibes) and Sword albums.
Stapleton has yet to get under my skin – I found his last one a bit underwhelming despite all the praise heaped on it, so I’m definitely needing a bit of convincing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
There are lot to chose from. I really like the Stapleton. It is more old school than the crap on country music radio now. I need to check out the Robinson one. Hadn’t heard it yet.
I’ll check out this latest one and see how I get on.
LikeLiked by 1 person