Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend. There are a ton of releases this week, sadly though, not much for me. There is one I will listen to and I am excited about and another that I will listen to celebrate their 50 years together. The rest, hopefully you will be digging those! My choices are highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Caleb Johnson & the Ramblin’ Saints – Born From the Southern Ground – (Big Johnson Records): Caleb has such an amazing voices and for me, one of the best voices to come out of American Idol. His debut I thought was great and from what I have heard off this one, this release will be fantastic as well. Give him a try if you haven’t, you won’t be disappointed.
- ZZ Top – Goin’ 50 – (Warner Bros) – (Deluxe 3CD out August 16th): Can you believe they have been going for 50 years? No, I can’t either. This is a celebration of their career and a career worth celebrating. It looks like these are remastered 2019 versions so that should be great to hear!! Digital and Single Disc CD is today!! 3 Disc Set and Vinyl is August 16th in case you want the mack daddy version.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 14th”
Happy Friday. I am in a very busy season at work and I need some new music to listen to so I can make it through this time. Sadly, not a whole lot I am interested in this week. I hope there is something for you. Mine are highlighted in Blue…
- Mr. Big – Defying Gravity – (Frontiers Records Srl): Can’t wait to play this one. Mr. Big has been back in a “big” way since 2010. Now they do take 3-4 years between records, but it is better than the 9 years prior to that. Either way, it is just great to get new music from this very talented band of musicians. When ever you can have Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheenan, Pat Torpey and Eric Martin together, you have to be excited. The opening bass line of this song is unbelievable and has definitely got me excited about this one.
- Europe – The Final Countdown 30th Anniversary Show: Live at the Roundhouse – (Hell & Back Recordings): Say it isn’t so…30 years…REALLY!! Damn! I am getting old. If you don’t know, Europe has been doing their thing for all this time and I am happy to see a live album to celebrate The Final Countdown. This will definitely get a few spins. I didn’t see a video for this so might as well show “The Final Countdown”.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 21st”
The first Friday in May is upon us and there is not a ton of stuff out this week. There are a few artists I am interested in and a bunch I am not. Hopefully you can find something you will like. The ones I will listen to first are highlighted in Blue (as usual).
- Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1 – (Mercury Records): In only his 2nd release, Chris Stapleton seems like he has been around awhile…which he has but not as a solo artist. After the huge success of his debut album I am really interested in hearing what he now brings us. I actually hope it is more of the same as his first album was spectacular. If the first single is any indication of what is to come, then we are in for a treat.
- Blondie – Pollinator – (Noble ID, LLC): Debby Harry and group are back again with another new release. This is their 11th studio album and honestly i am surprised (and glad) that they are still putting out albums. There are still 3 original members including Debby so I guess that still makes a complete enough band to make them still worth hearing and not a Debby Harry solo album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 5th”
July has been lackluster with the number of albums out mainly due to August & September being such huge release months. There are some good ones coming out this week, at least I hope they are good. The ones that have my interest peaked the most are in blue.
- 3 Pill Morning – Never Look Back – (Countdown Ent): 3 Pill Morning followed me on Twitter so I gave their music a listen and I have to say I am really excited about their new album. If you haven’t heard of them, you should check them out. What type of music, well they have toured with Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown, Blackstone Cherry, Saving Abel, Fozzy and others so that should give you a good idea.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 29th”