Now we are in to full swing in the new year. The albums are starting to come out and today we have a long list of releases. There will hopefully be something for everyone. There are bunch I am interested in, but might not necessarily buy right now. They will be streamed to start with and I will pick up the ones I like the best. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you like or are interested in. Thanks and have a great musical weekend.
- Starbreaker – Dysphoria – (Frontiers Records): Tony Harnell and Magnus Karlsson team up again with the band’s third album and first in over 11 years…damn…way too long. It is metal, it is hard rock and it is usually great. Can’t wait to hear this one.
- Rival Sons – Feral Roots – (Atlantic Records): Rival Sons are one of those bands you just fall in love with immediately when you hear them. Now on their 6th studio album they just keep getting better. They are straight up rock & roll with a heavy blues influence and worth a listen. Give them a try.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 25th”
We are already to the end of the first month of the year and some good ones so far. And we are ending the month with some even better. My choices are highlighted in Blue. There should be a little something for everyone this week. Let me know which ones you want or if I missed something. I have a lot to get through this weekend. Have a great weekend!!
- Rick Springfield – The Snake King – (Frontiers Records): I love me some Rick Springfield. I am not afraid to admit it. I was a fan as a kid and he was my first concert my sister and I went to go see. Back in 2004 with his album Shock/Denial/Anger/Acceptance, I garnered a new found respect for him and have been following him with more gusto. The new album is more blues rock and a nice change of pace. He keeps trying new things and keeps getting better. I enjoyed the single “Little Demon” and expect great things to come.
- The Poodles – Prisma – (GAIN/Sony): The Poodles have returned after a little break and some little side projects. My only disappointment with this album is it is not new material. It is a cover’s album which I am not always a huge fan of. I will listen, but worried. I don’t want it to be karaoke and from what I hear with “It’s No Good” tells me it won’t be.
- Phil Campbell & the Bastard Sons – The Age of Absurdity – (Nuclear Blast): Motorhead guitarists has his own band and they come at you with dirty, gritty rock and exactly what you need. I am looking forward to devouring this release and blowing out the speakers!
- Delta Deep – East Coast Live – (Frontiers Records): Delta Deep delivers their first live album which is great considering I was unable to attend a show they did last year. Def Leppard’s own Phil Collen is on guitar and Stone Temple Pilots’ own Robert Deleo on Bass, Forrest Robinson on drums and the great vocals of Debbi Blackwell. I got in to them thanks to my Bro-in-law as he did the sound for all their live shows. This should be good…no great!!
- John 5 & The Creatures – It’s Alive – (60 Cycle Hum Records): As much as I loved his last solo release with the Creatures, a live version is a no brainer. Can’t wait to dive into this and to see what I missed when they came to town last year.
- Ammunition – Ammunition – (Frontiers Records): Former members of Wig Wam together again…enough said. This will get some spins for sure.
- Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa – Black Coffee – (J&R Adventures)
- Loudness – Rise To Glory – (Frontiers Records)
- Steve Hackett – Wuthering Nights: Live in Birmingham – (Inside Out Records)
- Armik – Pacifica – (Bolero Records)
- Machine Head – Catharsis – (Nuclear Blast Entertainment)
- Craig David – The Time is Now – (Insanity Records)
Are you ready for Friday New Releases? There are an absolute abundance of records today. So many to choose from and where the heck do you begin. I have more I want to hear than I have any week this year. It is going to be busy non-stop music week. I hope there is something for you. The ones I want are in Blue and I can’t wait to get started!!!!
- Colton Dixon – Identity – (Sparrow): Colton Dixon has finally returned with a new album. Colton is a Christian artist and he is a former American Idol Alum, but don’t let any of that scare you away. He is an amazing talent. This album is broken up into three parts about the spiritual journey of your Body, Mind & Spirit and should be very interesting.
- James Blunt – The Afterlove – (Atlantic Records UK): The fifth studio album from James Blunt drops today. I have followed him since the beginning even after hearing “You’re Beautiful” way too many times. He always delivers stellar songs and he has a unique voice that I enjoy over and over.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 24th”
July has been lackluster with the number of albums out mainly due to August & September being such huge release months. There are some good ones coming out this week, at least I hope they are good. The ones that have my interest peaked the most are in blue.
- 3 Pill Morning – Never Look Back – (Countdown Ent): 3 Pill Morning followed me on Twitter so I gave their music a listen and I have to say I am really excited about their new album. If you haven’t heard of them, you should check them out. What type of music, well they have toured with Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown, Blackstone Cherry, Saving Abel, Fozzy and others so that should give you a good idea.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 29th”