Welcome to the First Friday of June and better yet, the first day of June. We are now getting into the Summer months and it is going to be Hot with new releases and temperatures. There only a couple I am interested in the one will require a lot of dough. My choices are highlighted in Blue. What interests you? Leave me a comment.
- Def Leppard – The Collection: Volume One – (Mercury): Okay, Def Leppard is re-releasing Four Collections of all their albums plus some bonus material. I will just quote from Amazon exactly…
This initial volume of the band’s complete recorded output comes in a limited-edition 180-gram heavyweight vinyl box set, featuring Def Leppard’s first four studio albums — along with some choice bonus live and studio material — all spread across 8LPs. The Volume One collection contains all of Def Leppard’s iconic 1980s recordings – On Through The Night, High ‘N’ Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria – with reproductions of the original packaging. Furthermore, this collection includes a replica 7-inch single of the band’s original independent EP, the self-titled The Def Leppard E.P. The Volume One collection also houses bonus material including Live At The LA Forum 1983, originally released as a bonus disc in the deluxe CD version of Pyromania, making this the first-ever vinyl offering of the complete show. This 2LP version comes with a new sleeve and inner bags. The box set also includes Rarities Volume 1 which has been specially compiled by Joe Elliott, containing rare B-sides and recordings from Def Leppard’s early years, all in a newly commissioned sleeve. Each album in the Volume One box set was mastered by longtime band producer/soundmaster Ronan McHugh and frontman/vocalist Joe Elliott at Joe’s Garage in Dublin, Ireland, and cut by Greg Moore. Housed in rigid boxes, the Volume One collection also contains a hardback book with rare photos by longstanding band confidant Ross Halfin and liner notes by Classic Rock’s Paul Elliott. Def Leppard bandmembers Joe Elliott, bassist Rick Savage, drummer Rick Allen, and guitarist Phil Collen have all also contributed their personal introductions to the collection.
…but this is a must have for the Def Leppard Fanatic (like me). Oh yeah…it is about $70 for the CD set and $166 for the Vinyl. I guess I will leave you with a video it is a new lyric video for Photograph
- Ghost – Prequelle – (Loma Vista Recordings): I don’t know much about Ghost except from all the press lately, so I am going to start checking them out and no better place than a brand new album. I like it heavy sometimes, so here we go…
- Roger Daltrey – As Long as I Have You – (RHD LLP)
- Father John Misty – God’s Favortie Customer – (Sub Pop Records)
- The Flaming Lips – Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 – (Warner Bros)
- Jethro Tull – 50 for 50 – (Parlophone Records)
- The Bacon Brothers – The Bacon Brothers – (Forosoco Music LLC)
- Tower of Power – Soul Side of Town – (Mack Avenue Records)
- Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Apart E.P. – (Capitol Records)
- Neko Case – Hell-On – (Neko Case/Anti)
- Owl City – Cinematic – (Owl City)