Happy Friday. It is a nice long weekend here in the States with Memorial Day coming on Monday and we get that extra day off to spend with family and remember those who have died serving and fighting for our country. It is also the unofficial start of Summer break (although the kids still have two more weeks of school. All I know is I get an extra day to listen to some music. Not much out this week, but there are a couple I am eager to hear. They are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- SOTO – Origami – (InsideOut Music): Jeff Scott Soto returns with one of his many bands. This band is on their third album and the first two were heavy, solid rock band and almost metal. It isn’t a solo album, it is a band. These guys kick some major ass. I have held off from listening to anything like I do on albums I want to hear as I like to take it all in at once. It makes for a better listening experience.
- Stray Cats – 40 – (Surfdog): The Stray Cats are Back!!! And it is about time. It has been well over 25 years since their last album and I couldn’t be more excited. I love that Rockabilly sound and we need a little of that now to shake things up as the music scene has gotten a little stale. Welcome back boys!!!
And that is it for me. Here are the rest…I wonder if Morrissey will cancel the release like he does all his concerts??? Hmmm….
- Morrissey – California Son – (BMG)
- Sting – My Songs – (A&M Records)
- Rocketman Soundtrack – (Virgin EMI)
- Aladdin (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – (Walt Disney Records)
- Eric Church – 61 Days in Church, Volume 5 – (EMI Records)