Another Friday of new releases. Not the best day for releases. There are not a bunch and not a bunch I am interested in either. Which is probably good as I am driving back from vacation today with my family and they won’t want to listen to anything I want anyway (unless they fall asleep and then I can play what I want). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or if there is anything I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Parlor Mob – Dark Hour – (Britannia Row Recordings): A hard rock band out of New Jersey that formed around 2004. It is modern hard rock and I have to admit I liked their first two albums so after a long break, the band is back after 8 years since the last full length album (3 years since an E.P.). I am interested to hear what they have to offer now after such a long break. I haven’t listened to anything yet so not sure what to expect, but if it is anything like ‘Dog’, I am in.
- King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard – Infest the Rats’ Nest – (Flightless Records): First up in my car this week will be the new one from this Experimental, Psychedelic Rock band who puts out more music than anyone. Hell a year or so ago they put out 5 albums in one year!! Who does that?? Always worth a spin so this one will get one first thing.
These next two are possibilities and depends on time, but interested in at least a spin or two…They are quite different from each other, but you can’t always listen to the same thing over and over. Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors are Americana/Folk and alternative music and Killswith Engage are pure Metal.
- Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors – Dragons – (Magnolia Music)
- Killswitch Engage – Atonement – (Metal Blade Records)
And all the rest…
- Hammerfall – Dominion – (Napalm Records)
- The Hold Steady – Thrashing Thru the Passion – (Frenchkiss Records)
- Lionel Richie – Hello From Las Vegas – (Capitol Records)
- Sleater-Kinney – The Center Won’t Hold – (Mom+Pop)
- Tracy Lawrence – Made in America – (LMG)