Another great Friday of new releases this week. I’m telling you this is shaping up to be a great month. I have another item this week on order that will hopefully be there when I get home from work. We have lot of Rock this week which is always good, but so much so that there is no way I will get to it all…ever! My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what I missed and what you might be interested in hearing. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful music weekend. I know I will!!
- Michael Sweet – Ten – (Frontiers Records): Lead singer of Stryper is here with his 10th solo release…10 is hard to believe, but it is true. I just did a Michael Sweet album ranking and can’t wait to see where this falls on the list. I am hoping for some hard and heavy stuff. Check out the song below and go gran this one.
- Eclipse – Paradigm – (Frontiers Records): I love this band. This Swedish rock band is now on their 8th album and it is pure melodic rock, glam rock, hair metal bliss. They seem to be getting better with age kind of like a fine wine. Give them a try.
- Down N Outz – This is How We Roll – (UMC/Bludgeon Riffola): Being a Def Leppard fan, this is a no brainer. Joe Elliott’s side project is set to release their first album of original material. Before it was covers of all the glam music they grew up with. Now, those influences are shining through in their own songs. Should be great. This is the one I have on order and can’t wait to spin that vinyl.
- Art Alexakis – Sun Songs – (Art Alexakis / BMG): Art Alexakis is the lead singer of Everclear is finally giving us a solo album. Yep, this is his first. I loved Everclear last album, ‘Black is the New Black’, and I am hoping this will be as enjoyable. I haven’t listened to anything yet so I can be surprised at the direction he may go. If you want a taste, check out the video.
- Freddie Mercury – Never Boring – (Hollywood Records): A box set chronicling Freddie’s solo work so you get all 3 albums in one nice and tidy collection. Not sure if I will get this, but I will see what its like when it comes out.
And the rest…
- Lacuna Coil – Black Anima – (Century Media Records)
- Gregg Rolie – Sonic Ranch – (Rolie Music Group)
- Wayward Sons – The Truth Ain’t What It Used To Be – (Frontiers Records)
- Vanden Plas – The Ghost Xperiment: Awakening – (Frontiers Records)
- The Dead South – Sugar & Joy – (Six Shooter Records)
- Big Thief – Two Hands – (4AD Ltd)
- The Devil Wears Prada – The Act – (Solid State Records)
- BabyMetal – Metal Galaxy – (BabyMetal Records)
- Starcrawler – Devour You – (Rough Trade Records)
- Vinnie Moore – Soul Shifter – (Mind’s Eye Music)
- Fantasia – Sketchbook – (Rock Soul / BMG)
- Hillsong Worship – Awake – (Hillsong Church / Capitol)