Welcome to Friday the 13th and the last good day of releases for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Yes, Friday New Releases will be absent from this site until a couple weeks into the new year in January when there is finally enough to talk about. However, this week isn’t totally worthless. There a couple releases I am interested in, but not much else. My choices will be highlighted in Blue, let me know if you find anything you like of if I missed anything. Thanks and until next time, have a great weekend!
- Harry Styles – Fine Line – (Erksine Records/Columbia/Sony): Harry is back with his second studio album and I have to say, I am actually looking forward to this. I was pleasantly surprised at how great his debut was and it was so much better than anything One Direction put out. My oldest daughter is even more so excited as she keeps the vinyl of his debut up in her room rather than down in my wall of vinyl. I am hoping for another release of a variety of styles and hope he pushes himself even more on this one.
- Stone Sour – Hello, You Bastards: Live in Reno – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I like live albums lately, so I might give this one a try. Corey Taylor and the boys are releasing their first live album and I am sure it will rock your face off. I mean, it ain’t no Slipknot, which is actually why I like them more, but Corey only knows how to bring it hard and heavy. Ok, no video so far so here is a classic.
and that is it for me…here a few other notable releases…
- Blake Shelton – Fully Loaded: God’s Country – (Warner Music Nashville)
- Nothing Left – Disconnected – (Facedown Records)
- Lil’ Kim – 9 – (Urban/Entertainment One) – Deluxe Edition on CD (digital already out)
- Gary Numan & The Skaparis Orchestra – When the Sky Came Down (Live at the Bridgewater Hall , Manchester) – (Numan Music / BMG)