We are ending August with a BANG!! There are an abundance of releases this week and there has to be something for you to grab hold of and listen to all weekend. I am listing 18 different releases and you know I don’t ever have all of them so that is a boatload of stuff. I have a bunch I am eager to hear and 2 on order. My choices are highlighted in Blue and I can tell you right now, I doubt I will get to all of them this week as there are so many. Let me know which ones you are interested in hearing and which ones I may have a missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Needtobreathe – Out of Body – (Elektra): Is there any doubt this one would be tops for me. I am a huge fan, but a worried fan as guitarist and a very creative mind behind the band, Bo Rinehart has left the band. I don’t know how much he put in to this album, if anything, but that has me a little concerned as direction and what to expect. The one thing they did that I don’t particularly don’t care for is they released like 5 songs already. I am not a fan of bands doing that.
- Metallica – S&M 2 (Live) – (Blackened Recording): I actually enjoyed the original S&M so I am curious to hear this one as well. Metallica and classical music I think are a good match. And the song they released already was pretty great.
- Billy Raffoul – International Hotel – (UMGRI Interscope) – Digital Only – Vinyl on October 23: This Canadian export is usually more acoustic and folksy and he is a great singer/songwriter. He is constantly putting out new music and now we have another set of tunes, so I am hppy.
- Dokken – The Lost Songs: 1978-1981 – (Silver Lining Music): Early Dokken!! Yes, please. Being old, unreleased songs probably means they were unreleased for a reason, but I love looking back at unreleased songs…heck I have Gene Simmons The Vault so I obvious find it appealing.
These next few might get a listen, but won’t be first up on the list…
- John Petrucci – Terminal Velocity – (Rensam Songs) – Digital Only – CD/Vinyl 10/30)
- Powerman 5000 – The Noble Rot – (Cleopatra Records)
- Seether – Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum – (Fantasy Records / Concord)
- G.E. Smith & Leroy Bell – Stony Hill – (Green Mirror / BMG)
- Lynch Mob – Wicked Sensation (reimagined) – (Lynch Mob)
And then all the rest…
- Katy Perry – Smile – (Capitol Records)
- From Ashes to new – Panic – (Better Noise Music)
- Rick Wakeman – The Red Planet – (Snapper Music) – Digital Only – Physical release September 4th.
- lovelytheband – Conversations With Myself – (The Century Family) – digital only
- The Allman Betts Band – Bless Your Heart – (BMG Rights Mgmt)
- PVRIS – Use me – (Warner Records)
- Yello – Point – (Polydor Release)
- Toni Braxton – Spell My Name – (Island Records / UMG)
- Kem – Love Always Wins – (Motown Records / UMG Recordings)
- The Avett Brothers – The Third Gleam – (The Avett Brothers / Concord)