The Cars. What can be said about them that hasn’t already been said. They are one of the greatest new wave bands to ever come along and an inspiration to many. Their brand of power pop ruled the airwaves from the Debut in 1978 all the way to 1984 before they started to fade away from the scene, but never faded away from our hearts.
The band was inducted in to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018 and the band was all there except for Benjamin Orr who died in 2000. It was really cool to see the band together again and play a few songs. The classic line-up consisted of the following members:
- Ric Ocasek – Vocals, rhythm guitar
- Elliot Easton – lead guitar
- Greg Hawkes – keyboards
- Benjamin Orr – bass, lead vocals
- David Robinson – drums
We most recently we lost Ric Ocasek in 2019. As I did when Orr died, upon Ric’s death I pulled out The Cars catalog and went through it over and over again. It reminded me of how great these guys were and what a catalog of music they left behind. As a result, I decided to do an album ranking to see what was the worst album all the way up to the best. Let’s see where they stack up.
WORST – PANORAMA (1980):
Continue reading “The Cars – The Albums Ranked Worst to First”
When I head David Hasselhoff (or The Hoff) was putting out a new album of cover songs, I told myself that I have to listen to this for the train wreck that it is going to be. I mean The Hoff has never been popular in the States for his vocal talent and yet, I was intrigued.
David has put together an eclectic list of covers and the most interesting part is the line-up of musicians he was able to get to assist with these covers. Let’s look at the cover songs and those individuals who helped out.
- Open Your Eyes (Feat. James Williamson of The Stooges) – Lords of the New Church Cover
- Head On (Feat. Elliot Easton of The Cars) – The Jesus & Mary Chain Cover
- I Melt With You (Feat. Steve Stevens) – Modern English Cover
- Lips Like Sugar (Feat. A Flock of Seagulls) – Echo & The Bunnymen Cover
- Heroes (Feat. Composer Tyler Bates) – David Bowie Cover
- Here I Go Again (Feat. Tracii Guns) – Whitesnake Cover
- Jump in My Car (Feat. Todd Rundgren) – Ted Murley Gang Cover
- Rhinestone Cowboy (Feat. Charlie Daniels) – Glen Campbell Cover
- If You Could Read My Mind (Feat. Ava Cherry) – Gordon Lightfoot Cover
- Sugar Sugar (Feat. Steve Cropper) – The Archies Cover
- Mit 66 Jahren (Feat. Patrick Moraz of Yes and the Moody Blues) – Udo Jurgens Cover
- Sweet Caroline (Feat. Ministry’s Al Jourgensen) – Neil Diamond Cover
- That’s Life – Frank Sinatra Cover
Continue reading “David Hasselhoff – ‘Open Your Eyes’ – Album Review”