When I head David Hasselhoff (or The Hoff) was putting out a new album of cover songs, I told myself that I have to listen to this for the train wreck that it is going to be. I mean The Hoff has never been popular in the States for his vocal talent and yet, I was intrigued.
David has put together an eclectic list of covers and the most interesting part is the line-up of musicians he was able to get to assist with these covers. Let’s look at the cover songs and those individuals who helped out.
- Open Your Eyes (Feat. James Williamson of The Stooges) – Lords of the New Church Cover
- Head On (Feat. Elliot Easton of The Cars) – The Jesus & Mary Chain Cover
- I Melt With You (Feat. Steve Stevens) – Modern English Cover
- Lips Like Sugar (Feat. A Flock of Seagulls) – Echo & The Bunnymen Cover
- Heroes (Feat. Composer Tyler Bates) – David Bowie Cover
- Here I Go Again (Feat. Tracii Guns) – Whitesnake Cover
- Jump in My Car (Feat. Todd Rundgren) – Ted Murley Gang Cover
- Rhinestone Cowboy (Feat. Charlie Daniels) – Glen Campbell Cover
- If You Could Read My Mind (Feat. Ava Cherry) – Gordon Lightfoot Cover
- Sugar Sugar (Feat. Steve Cropper) – The Archies Cover
- Mit 66 Jahren (Feat. Patrick Moraz of Yes and the Moody Blues) – Udo Jurgens Cover
- Sweet Caroline (Feat. Ministry’s Al Jourgensen) – Neil Diamond Cover
- That’s Life – Frank Sinatra Cover
Continue reading “David Hasselhoff – ‘Open Your Eyes’ – Album Review”
Welcome to Tuesday’s Memes. We are going to tackle the decade that is the 80’s because music was fun and not depressing like the 90’s (I will do the 90’s next…maybe). For those that grew up in the 80’s, I hope this brings back some memories. If you didn’t grow up in the 80’s, well…I am sorry for you!!
Let us do some graphs to get the point across…
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – 80’s Music”
Welcome to July and the first Friday of releases. I have to admit, there isn’t any of these I am excited about so might be skipping this week. I am guess that it this is the week of our Independence here in the States that not many bands wanted to release anything and get lost in everyone’s vacation time period. Hopefully there is something for you. I will post videos for each so you can have something to got through. Here is hoping next week is better.
- Kissin’ Dynamite – Ecstasy – (Metal Blade Records)
- Vixen – Live Fire – (Rat Pak Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 6th”
The 80’s was a great time in music for me. It was the time I started really getting obsessed about with it. There were so many great songs, thanks to the dawn of MTV, during this time. They exposed us to so many more bands that our radio stations were not playing.
There are good songs, great songs, rock songs, dance songs, pop songs and some songs that are just too damn cool. This list is what I felt were the really cool songs of the decade. Cool could be the subject matter or the overall sound of the song and of course it is very subjective. I wasn’t very cool back in the day so my definition of cool might not equal yours. Come to think of it…I am not cool now. Oh well, I hope you enjoy the playlist.
Red Rider – “Lunatic Fringe”
Continue reading “#TBT – The Coolest Songs of the 80’s – Playlist”