Welcome to the last Friday of April and the new music releases. There isn’t a ton, but there should be something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Take a look through and let me know what you are interested in or what I might have missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Sanctus Real – Changed – (Framework Records): Sanctus Real are one of the few Christian bands I still follow. They are consistently great and there are always some gems on each album. They are more pop than rock, but just as good as anything on the radio. Now, here is the twist. The lead singer of the band, Matt Hammitt, has left the band and so they have a new singer. I am going to try this one out, but not sure how much I will dig it as it was Matt’s vocals that always drew me in. He was also the principal songwriter. We will see, but hopes aren’t high.
- Anthrax – Kings Among Scotland – (Megaforce Records): A Live DVD and CD that was recorded last year. It is Anthrax, of course it is going to get a spin or two. Plus, the album is a shout out to Kiss’ Rock & Roll Over cover! Not much else to say on this.
The next two will get a listen, but not sure how fast I will get to them.
- Godsmack – When Legends Rise – (BMG)
- Riot V – Armor of Light – (Nuclear Blast)
- Hawthorne Heights – Bad Frequencies – (Pure Noise Records)
- Keith Urban – Graffiti U – (Hit Red Records/Capitol)
- Foreigner – With the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus – (Trigger Productions)
- Van Morrison & Joey DeFrancesco – You’re Driving Me Crazy – (Exile Productions)
- We Are Scientists – Megaplex – (100% Records)
- Willie Nelson – Last Man Standing – (Sony Music)