As were are starting to get closer the Holidays, the new releases become fewer and fewer. There might be one more big week, sadly this is not one of them. I barely have enough to fill the 6 panels of pictures above. My choices are limited so I apologize, but maybe there is something for you. We have Country, R&B, Emo, Classic Rock, 50’s Rock and Pop…that’s it…one for each. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is something I missed that you want to mention. Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Weekend!!
- Lady Antebellum – Ocean – (Big Machine): I diss Country a lot, but there a few artists/groups I like and this is one of them. They are band my wife and I enjoy together and I love when we have someone we both like. They have been around awhile and usually they deliver and I expect nothing less this time. It is usually a softer side of Country, but man these guys/gals can sing.
- Prince – 1999 (Super Deluxe Edition) – (Warner Records): Prince’s estate is emptying the vaults at an alarmingly fast rate and now 1999 is getting the Super Deluxe Edition. The album was unbelievable the way it was, but having all this bonus material is going to be a blast going through. I could spend a lot of time with this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 15th”
One great thing about Matt Nathanson (there are a lot) is that he has been releasing E.P.s in between albums to keep his fans happy. Last year we got the absolutely incredible Def Leppard covers E.P. called ‘Pyromattia’ which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Now he brings us another covers E.P. titled ‘Postcards (from Chicago)’.
Matt took some time while in Chicago to put together another covers release. There are 6 songs from quite a diverse group of artists which makes it a very interesting release. Here is the track list…
- Same Drugs (feat. Patrick Stump) – original by Chance the Rapper
- Perfect World – original by Liz Phair
- Hum Hallelujah – original by Fall Out Boy
- Surrender (feat. Richard Marx) – original by Cheap Trick
- Hold On to the Nights – original by Richard Marx
- Whiskey Bottle – original by Uncle Tupelo
The album is out now on digital and I had to wait for 3 months on the vinyl. It is sweet. It has an autographed postcard of Chicago and it is on a really cool looking Orange Vinyl and here it finally is after the long wait…
Continue reading “Matt Nathanson – ‘Postcards (from Chicago)’ – Album Review”
Another Friday, another set of new releases. There isn’t a whole lot, but some I am really interested in getting a hold of and those are highlighted in Blue. As the year gets ramped up it will keep getting better and better each week (hopefully). Let me know what interests you this week. Have a wonderful weekend listening to the new music.
- Whitesnake – The Purple Tour (Live) – (Rhino Records): Whitesnake did The Purple Album to celebrate all things Deep Purple and then they toured it. Here is the end result of that tour. A CD and DVD of the tour is something worth getting a hold of for sure. Whitesnake have been releasing a lot of live albums lately and I love they are doing that. It is nice getting things from each era of the band. Check out the video for Burn and then grab hold of the album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 19th”
It is Thanksgiving time here in the States and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. In celebration of this wonderful Holiday, here are a collection of songs about giving thanks or at least things we should be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out the blog. It is much appreciated.
“Thank You For Loving Me” by Bon Jovi off the album ‘Crush’. If you have that special someone, make sure to tell them Thank You for being a part of your life and for loving you for you. If you don’t have that special someone, I love you!! So you are welcome!!
“Give Thanks And Praise” by Bob Marley off the album ‘Confrontation’. Actually not a bad way to start everyday by giving thanks for waking up and giving praise to our maker.
Continue reading “Giving “Thanks” – Playlist – Happy Thanksgiving”