Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
- Jordan Feliz – Future – (Centricity Music): One of the best Christian artist to come out in a long time is Jordan Feliz. His last album, The River, was instantly one of my favorite Christian Albums. And from the songs I have heard so far, it will be more of the same greatness. If you like Christian Pop music, then this one will fit nicely in your collection. Give it a listen.
I am interested in the Jack White and The Sword as well, but might take a little while for me to get to those.
- Jack White – Boarding House Reach – (Third Man/Columbia)
- The Sword – Used Future – (New Razor & Tie)
- Led Zeppelin – How the West Was One (Live) Remastered – (Atlantic Records)
- Bulletboys – From Out of the Skies – (Frontiers Records)
- L.A. Guns – Made in Milan – (Frontiers Records)
- Monster Magnet – Mindfucker – (Napalm Records)
- Memoriam – The Silent Vigil – (Nuclear Blast)
- Borealis – The Offering – (AFM Records)
- Axel Rudi Pell – Knights Call – (Steamhammer)
- blessthefall – Hard Feelings – (Rise Records)
- Don McLean – Botanical Gardens – (BMG)
- Squirrel Nut Zippers – Beasts of Burgundy – (Southern Broadcasting)
- Grateful Dead – The Best of the Grateful Dead Live – (Rhino Entertainment)
- Miles Davis & John Coltrane – The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6 – (Columbia Records)