Okay, sit back and get ready for a ton of new music today. There are an abundance of albums to choose from today so hopefully there is something for you. My tastes this week are all over the board from Rock to Country to Christian Pop to Alternative to Tony Bennett (he is a category all his own). My choices are in Blue. Let me know what does or doesn’t interest you and let me know what I missed. Happy listening and have a great weekend.
- Monster Truck – True Rockers – (Mascot Records): The band’s last album ‘Sittin’ Heavy’ was amazing and really got me into this band. The first song I heard on this one didn’t excite me, but this will probably be the first one I listen to this morning. Hopefully the rest of it packs a punch and gives me more of what I love from the band which is gritty and dirty straight up rock & roll.
- Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty – (Universal Music Group): Don’t judge me, I like Carrie Underwood. She is a guilty pleasure and I am not afraid to admit it. She has an incredible voice and her rendition of “How Great Thou Art” will move you to tears. Anyway, I am looking forward to another release by her so keep them coming Carrie.
- Andrew Stockdale – Slipstream – (Middle Man): The lead singer of Wolfmother has his own solo album out that I did not know about until last week. I will be listening to this. His Wolfmother stuff is great so hoping for some surprises here.
- Tori Kelly – Hiding Places – (Capitol Records): A very surprise release from Tori Kelly. After dropping from the limelight after her incredible debut album, she returns with an E.P. Not only that, but it is Christian music…and with the help of Kirk Franklin (great choice). I took my daughter to see her live (Tori Kelly Concert Review) and I became a fan. She does have a great voice and is a pretty good songwriter to boot. Give her a try.
- Tony Bennett & Diana Krall – Love Is Here to Stay – (Verve Label Group): Tony Bennett and Dianna Krall…Really…Do I need to even say anything else…I don’t think so.
- Ann Wilson – Immortal – (BMG): The voice of Heart. She has one of the most powerful voices in Rock and she could sing the phone book and I would listen. For the younger generation…a phone book is a collection of phone numbers for people that live in your city and comes in a big book with both white and yellow pages. It was delivered to you by mail and left at your front door.
And I am sure I will eventually get to more of these eventually. There is so much this week, I don’t know if I will have time to get through them all.
- Good Charlotte – Generation Rx – (BMG)
- Treat – Tunguska – (Frontiers Music)
- The Guess Who – The Future Is What It Used to Be – (Cleopatra)
- Willie Nelson – My Way – (Sony Music)
- Asleep at the Wheel – New Routes – (Bismeaux Records)
- Uriah Heep – Living the Dream – (Frontiers Music)
- Dream Child – Until Death Do We Meet Again – (Frontiers Music)
- Deicide – Overtures of Blashemy – (Century Media)
- Thrice – Palms – (Epitaph)
- Snakes in Paradise – Step Into the Light – (Frontiers Music)
- Groundbreaker – Groundbreaker – (Frontiers Music)
- Tiffany – Pieces of Me – (Go On Then Records)